Friday, May 10, 2013

So I Don't Chatter Dallas's Ears Off...A Post!

WiP: Dallas's Cardigan
FO: Marion (Yes, still counting it! hah)

 

So, this is the cardigan that I'm planning to make Dallas.  I have done my swatch, and I cast on last night. Little did I think about the back panel...Which I don't like. It's two strips of reverse stockinette stitch in the back surrounded by stockinette stitch.

Now, not only does this make for a bit of challenging time for me, since I have switch my stitch every so many stitches to create this "striping" as it were...It won't look good on Dallas. And I don't want to knit it! I kind of wish there had been a picture of the back in the ebook; I also could have looked at the Ravelry projects before I completely committed to this project, but that's my fault. haha I like the collar on this project, and the zipper, so I'll stick with that. 

But I think there are going to be multiple alterations. I already am sizing for a 46" chest, which is an inbetween size for the multiple measurements and gauges (I love that they are all listed, no doubt)! 

However, I'm also going to add a hem at the bottom to match the sleeves, and to avoid rolling because of the other changes I'm going to make. I'm going to shift the reverse stockinette to either side so that it lines up across the shoulders on both back and front. It will define the sleeve (I hope). I am then also going to do the reverse stockinette for the zipper and leave the rest alone. 

Now that I've said all this, I have a sneaking suspicion it won't work...But I'll get it worked out. I really don't want those lines down the back of the cardigan.

By the way, this is what we did the past weekend: 

relaxation, Marion Cardigan, Pinup Girl Clothing,
It was my brother's wedding out in the West Kootenays. And that's my Marion cardigan in action! Sooooo comfy. I will provide better quality pictures soon. :D

(Dress is from: PinUpGirlClothing.com.)

Then it was Dallas's birthday, and we did a beautiful drive and took the inland ferries. Most excellent weekend. I had a few days off of work, so this has only been a two day week, which I'm certainly not complaining about.

This weekend, I plan to cast on my wedding shawl and a few other things that I have to get finished here soon so that I can then shift my focus back to prepping stock for August for the restart of the Etsy shop, and for the fall/winter craft shows.

This means I'll actually be able to sit outside and enjoy the warm weather, hopefully!

What're you up to this weekend?

Katie =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment